Sunday, January 3, 2010

Maryn Turns Eleven

I can't believe I have an 11 year old! This year she and her dad planned her whole party and told me what to do. It was a huge success. We rented a room at a Marriott Town and Suites hotel. We had it all decorated when the girls got there so it was a big surprise. Maryn knew we were going to the hotel, but the girls only knew they needed to pack swimsuits. When we got there we went up to the room and had sub sandwiches.

The girls then went down to the pool and swam for a couple of hours.
After swimming they came back to the room and got their pajamas on. Daron made margaritas which were a huge hit. While they drank their drinks they worked on painting. We had bought some large men's undershirts and spray painted a body on each one. The girls then designed and painted their own swimsuit. They had so much fun doing this and I couldn't believe how creative they were. The idea was to have a fashion show with the T-shirts, but we ran out of time and they weren't quite dry anyway. We then had a giant cookie from Mrs. Fields and opened presents.


After this we played helium karaoke with the helium balloons. The girls thought this was hilarious and they sounded so funny. We got the girls home around 10:30 and then Maryn and I spent the night at the hotel.

Here are some things I love about Maryn:

- She is such a sweet girl. She really has a good, kind heart and doesn't have a mean bone in her body.

- She is a great big sister. She is so kind and nurturing with her younger brothers and always thinks of games to play with them and ways to include them in her fun. She is such a peacemaker and her brothers all gravitate to her.

- She has a great imagination. She is always thinking up fun, creative things to do with her siblings and friends.

- She is very creative. She loves to draw, paint, make and invent things. For Christmas she half taped, half sewed a bag for me to put my things in.

- She is soft spoken. She has a soft, sweet voice which is very nice at times in a house full of loud, boisterous boys!

- She likes to help around the house. She loves to help me clean, set the table and straighten up. I don't know if this is a girl thing, but I know none of my other kids enjoy it like she does!

- She is very obedient. She is so good about doing what she is asked when she's asked and she doesn't complain. I don't have to get after her to get started or to finish a job because she takes the initiative and does it on her own.

- She is always thinking up new schemes to make money.

- It's so cute that she sleeps with her three stuffed animals every night. One is a huge bunny and we practically take up a whole duffel bag when we go on vacation just with her stuffed animals.

- She's my girl. I'm so thankful I have a daughter and that she is such a little lady. She'll make such a wonderful young woman and mom.