Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ian!

It's hard to believe my baby turned three today! Where has the time gone? I can still remember when he was just over 5 lbs! I remember keeping him in bed with me because he woke up so often to eat. If I rubbed his back when he would start to stir or lay him on my chest, he would go back to sleep for at least another hour. Now he is constantly chatting up a storm, almost potty trained, one of my loudest children in a little body, and has such a funny, fun-loving personality. He was so excited for his birthday although he has insisted for months now that he was already three. So in his mind this was just a party to celebrate Ian, not because he was actually turning a year older. Here is Ian with his presents.
Here he is opening his presents with a captive audience.



Luke won a huge jar of peanut M&Ms by guessing how many were in the jar. Ian thought that was the coolest thing ever so Luke and Maryn filled a little jar for him and gave it to him for his b-day.
Gabe was so sweet and took his favorite Batman blanket, wrapped two of his favorite toys in it, and gave it to Ian for his b-day gift. Here is a picture of Ian with his b-day cake. He wanted a red car cake but this one turned out a little on the pink side; luckily he loved it anyway.

We are so blessed to have Ian as part of our family. He is so loved by all of us. Some things I love about Ian:
I love to hear him make up and sing his own songs.
I love how he loves to jump off the furniture when we sing Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam during family home evening.
I love how he could live on milk alone.
I love how he asks dad to westle (wrestle).
I love to see him beg to do "Brothers Hugging" which is when dad and the three boys lay on the bed in one big bear hug and roll around.
I love how his eyes get so big when he's asking for something or telling me a story - it's hard to deny him anything!
I love his long eyelashes.
I love how happy and good natured he is.
I love how he tries to copy everything his older siblings do.