On Tuesday Maryn turned ten! She really wanted a frozen yogurt cake from TCBY so we bought it before we left and packed it in a cooler with dry ice. We brought her presents up to McCall and she picked her favorite place for dinner - Subway. Unfortunately she started feeling sick and skied only a half day on Tuesday. She came home with me and the younger boys and took a three hour nap. When she woke up her temperature was 104. I gave her some Advil and when it was time for dinner, cake and presents she was feeling much better.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Maryn's birthday in McCall
We decided to go to McCall for a few days. We went up after church on Sunday and skied Monday and Tuesday. We put Ian in babysitting in the mornings and I would ski with Maryn and Luke while Daron would stay on the easy slope with Gabe. In the afternoon I would take Gabe and Ian back to the condo while Daron would ski with Maryn and Luke. They are getting to be such good skiers and they loved it.
Maryn's Oreo frozen yogurt cake.
Blowing out all ten candles!
On Wednesday we went tubing up in McCall before driving home.
We've been tubing other places, but we have never experienced runs as fast as these. We would fly! The people working at the top would give us a push and ask if we wanted to go straight or spin. I said spin and the worker spun me around so fast I thought I was going to fly up in the air. It was a crazy sensation to be speeding down the hill and spinning at the same time. Maryn and Luke loved spinning and I can't believe they could do it run after run.
Gabe in his "new" snow clothes passed down from Luke. They're a bit big on him this year but keep him nice and warm.
Ian wasn't old enough to go tubing but loved playing outside and being pulled around in a tube by either Daron or me.
Here's Ian getting warm in the yurt.