Sunday, May 23, 2010

Latest and Greatest

It's hard to give this blog entry a title since I'm catching up on a bunch of the latest news. Two weekends ago Grandma Sue was visiting. She spent the weekend with us and then went to Boise to watch Tama's kids during the week. She was able to spend Mother's Day here which was lots of fun. Daron and the kids made us dinner. They made Southwestern Turkey Burgers, Honey Lime Fruit Salad, Grilled Asparagus and Maryn made her delicious chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The whole time they cooked Grandma Sue and I sat on the back patio sipping drinks, soaking up the sun, and chatting. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful mother-in-law who has taught me so much. I am also blessed to have a wonderful mother. I sent her a Mother's Day card by email over in Africa and she didn't even realize it was Mother's Day because they don't have that holiday over there. But I'm truly blessed to have two wonderful examples of what a good mother is and my children are very blessed to have such great and loving grandparents. For Mother's Day, Daron gave me a gift certificate to get my car detailed - yeah! I can't imagine a completely clean car, inside and out.

This past week I went to Utah to help my sister who just had a new baby. I brought the younger two kids with me and we spent the days at Adriene's and the nights at Grandma Sue's. Here are some pictures of the first boy cousin on my side of the family:


Isn't Roman so adorable? I really was glad I was able to go down and spend time with my sister. We had so much fun hanging out all day and the cousins played so well together. I was glad I was able to help her and the week went so fast!

I was also able to meet my new little niece for the first time and it was fun spending time with my sister-in-law and her two cute girls.

I drove home just in time for Daron and Luke and Gabe to go to the stake fathers and sons campout. The boys had a fun time, even if they did get rained on. Gabe had his last soccer game on Saturday in the pouring rain. Maryn and Luke had their piano recital that night and both played so well. Maryn was awarded her two gold cups that she earned at Piano Festival. This means she has had a superior ranking four times in a row while playing for the judges.

Here is Ian showing off his Mohawk. He has two cowlicks on the top of his head and when his hair gets longer they make his hair stand up in a perfect Mohawk. He thinks it is hilarious and laughs at himself whenever he sees it in the mirror.